No matter how great your home may be, there is a good chance that you’ll eventually decide that the time is right for a change. From time to time, a remodeling project is a great way to give your home a facelift, change the way you enjoy it, and even increase its value. Usually, there are two main areas of the home that get focused on first in a remodel – the kitchen and the bathroom.
Bathroom remodeling is important since your time there should be relaxing as well as functional. There are a few key tips worth keeping in mind when you design a bathroom remodel that can help you get the most from it. These include the following:
• Remember to choose features that are as low-maintenance as possible. Lifetime faucets, glass shower doors, and quartz counters are all good ideas since they’ll give you more from your bathroom and make it easier to keep it looking great.
• California’s water shortage means that cutting water everywhere we can is a must. Adding energy efficient fixtures like low-flow toilets and faucets, and tankless water heaters is important for anyone remodeling their bathroom today.
• Light is your friend in the bathroom. Never go with dark colors for the bathroom. Look for bright colors and try to let in exterior sunlight whenever you can – skylights are great. Additionally, look at multiple lighting sources and high-tech lighting. The right lighting can add color to the water in the tub or on the walls, back light mirrors, and generally improve not only visibility, but overall ambiance in the bathroom.
• Check out different materials and colors that you might not have thought of. One option that’s growing in popularity is the addition of a metallic element – just adding a metallic paint job to one wall can make a bathroom something truly unique. Metallic wall tiles are even better.
• Don’t be afraid to go wild with the floor. Instead of those plain white or eggshell floors, look for tiles that add a geographic design. It may not sound like a good idea, but once you see it you’ll likely fall in love with it.
• Finally, go ergonomic. Today’s fixtures and tubs are available in many shapes aside from the basic ones we’re so used to seeing. Check out everything available and consider using unique styles and shapes within the bathroom to get even more from it.
Your bathroom can become your favorite room in your house if you’ll keep these basic tips in mind. Think about what matters most to you and then look for the solutions that provide it. You’ll be glad that you did.